Current Watches and Warnings
Minnesota, North Itasca
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 12:17 AM CDT on September 05, 2015
Expires 5:30 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
... The Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 430 am CDT
Saturday for northeastern Itasca and south central Koochiching
At 1210 am CDT... Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain have moved out of the warned area. However... the 5 to 6
inches of rain that has fallen across northern Itasca and southern
Koochiching counties will continue to drain into the Big Fork
river... and combine with additional rainfall through the overnight
and potentially produce flash flooding through early Saturday
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Scenic State Park... Bigfork... Effie... Oslund... Wirt... Whitefish
Lake... Craigville and Coon Lake.
Additional rainfall amounts of around 1 inch are possible in the
warned area through the rest of tonight.
Flood waters are moving down the Big Fork river from... as noted by
the rapid rise in the river levels at the Big Fork river gauge
between Big Fork and Wirt.
Move to higher ground now. Act quickly to protect your life.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 4791 9340 4771 9336 4763 9371 4763 9406
4783 9406 4784 9375 4796 9386 4807 9364
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 9:17 PM CDT on September 04, 2015
Expires 3:15 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
The National Weather Service in Duluth MN has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for rapid rises for...
northwestern Itasca County in north central Minnesota...
south central Koochiching County in north central Minnesota...
* until 215 am CDT
* at 915 PM CDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause small stream flooding in the
advisory area. Two to three inches of rain have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Scenic State Park... Bigfork... Effie... Squaw Lake... Oslund... Sand
Lake... Max... Wirt... Whitefish Lake... Craigville and Coon Lake.
Additional rainfall of 1 to 2 inches is expected over the area. This
additional rain will cause minor flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as farm and country roads. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 4803 9360 4786 9332 4762 9377 4759 9426
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement