Current Watches and Warnings
Minnesota, South Aitkin
Statement as of 2:24 PM CDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
Tornado Watch 298 remains in effect until 900 PM CDT for the
. Minnesota counties included are
Aitkin Benton Carlton
Cass Cook Crow Wing
Isanti Itasca Kanabec
Kandiyohi Koochiching lake
Meeker Mille Lacs Morrison
Pine St. Louis Sherburne
Stearns Todd Wright
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 2:17 PM CDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 300 PM CDT
for southwestern Aitkin and southeastern Crow Wing counties...
At 217 PM CDT... a severe thunderstorm was located near Upper South
Long Lake... or 11 miles west of Mille Lacs Lake... moving east at 35
Hazard... Golf Ball size hail and 70 mph wind gusts.
Source... radar indicated.
Impact... people and animals outdoors will be injured. Expect hail
damage to roofs... siding... windows... and vehicles. Expect
considerable tree damage. Wind damage is also likely to
Mobile homes... roofs... and outbuildings.
Locations impacted include...
Brainerd... Mille Lacs Lake... Aitkin... Deerwood... Malmo... Garrison... Upper
South Long Lake... South Long Lake... Bay Lake... Glen... Wealthwood... Camp
Lake... Kimberly... Woodrow... Pine Center... Shephard... Rossburg... Farm Island
Lake... Ripple Lake and glory.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
If you are on or near any of the many area lakes... get away from the
water and move to a safe shelter immediately!
A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 900 PM CDT for east central
Lat... Lon 4658 9344 4619 9332 4618 9343 4624 9343
4625 9344 4624 9381 4616 9381 4616 9414
time... Mot... loc 1916z 255deg 30kt 4632 9394
Statement as of 1:58 PM CDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Severe thunderstorms expected to rapidly develop and expand in
coverage through 4 PM...
Strong to severe thunderstorms are expected to rapidly develop
ahead of a cold front located from near Lake of The Woods... to
just west of Bemidji... to near Alexandria as of 2 PM.
Storms are expected to develop across areas from International
Falls and Voyageurs National Park... southward to Bigfork... Grand
Rapids... Walker... the Brainerd lakes region... Lake Mille lacs
and Big Sandy Lake.
Any storms that develop are expected to rapidly reach severe
levels with threats of very large hail up to the size of
baseballs... damaging wind gusts... and perhaps a tornado or two
with the most intense storms.
Now is the time to make a plan to keep yourself safe if severe
storms affect your location later this afternoon. Have a safe
place in mind... and a plan to communicate with your family and
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement