Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Copper River Basin
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:43 PM AKDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 8:45 PM EDT on September 25, 2014
The National Weather Service in Anchorage has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Tazlina Lake and the Tazlina river near Glennallen...
* until 445 PM akdt Thursday
* a Glacier dammed lake on the either the Tazlina or Nelchina
Glacier is likely releasing. The Tazlina river has been rising
steadily over the past 24 hours. As of 430 PM Monday it was at a
stage of 28.30 feet... just below the bankfull stage of 28.5 feet.
The river will continue to rise and is expected to crest early
Wednesday morning near minor flood stage of 31 feet.
Expected impacts: rapid rises in water levels are possible on
Tazlina Lake and the river downstream of Tazlina Lake including the
area around the Richardson Highway bridge. All persons with
interests near the river should monitor the water levels over the
next several days.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It
takes only a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles
Lat... Lon 6208 14540 6203 14538 6205 14588 6192 14637
6183 14658 6196 14667 6208 14616 6210 14572
Statement as of 4:59 PM AKDT on September 22, 2014
... Daily record high maximum tied at St Paul Alaska...
On Monday 22 September 2014... Saint Paul Island tied a record high
maximum temperature of 53 degrees. Using a climate record period
going back to 1892... this record high maximum temperature tied the
record last set in 1995.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement