Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 6:19 AM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Huntsville has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
* Timing and areas affected... a dense fog advisory is in effect until
9 am CDT for portions of northeastern Alabama. This includes valley
locations in Jackson and DeKalb counties. In Madison County... this
includes areas from Gurley to Hampton Cove and Owens Crossroads. In
Marshall County... this includes valley locations mainly northwest
of lake Guntersville.
* Visibility... visibility will be reduced to one quarter mile or
less in some locations.
* Impacts... significant reductions to visibility will lead to
hazardous traveling conditions through 9 am CDT. Major roadways
impacted include Highway 72 through eastern Madison and much of
Jackson County and Interstate 59 in DeKalb County.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 5:31 AM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 9:15 AM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Significant weather advisory for patchy dense fog until 8 am...
Patchy dense fog has developed across portions of northeast and north
central Alabama and southern middle Tennessee... mainly along the
Tennessee River and adjacent river valleys including the Flint and
pain rock. Visibility in some locations has dropped to 1/4 mile or
less... including points along Highway 72.
Motorists are urged to drive with extreme caution... as visibility
will vary significantly given the patchy nature of the fog. Use low
beams... reduce driving speed... and allow for plenty of room between
you and other cars.
The fog should begin to dissipate by around 7 to 8 am this morning.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report