Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:35 AM CDT on May 19, 2013
Expires 1:29 AM EDT on May 20, 2013
The Flood Warning continues for
the Tallapoosa river at Wadley.
* Until late tonight... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 2 am Sunday the stage was 21 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:53 PM CDT on May 18, 2013
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on May 19, 2013
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Alabama... east central Alabama... northeast
Alabama and southeast Alabama... including the following
areas... in central Alabama... Blount... Coosa... Elmore...
Jefferson... Montgomery... Shelby... St. Clair and Talladega. In
east central Alabama... Calhoun... Chambers... Clay... Cleburne...
Lee... Macon... Randolph... Russell and Tallapoosa. In northeast
Alabama... Cherokee and Etowah. In southeast Alabama... Bullock.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* prior heavy rainfall across eastern Alabama has saturated the
ground. Any additional heavy rain that develops in the watch
area may quickly lead to more flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:36 PM CDT on May 18, 2013
... Gate operations continue at Martin dam...
Alabama power company advises that gate operations continue at
Martin dam due to heavy rainfall that has occurred over portions
of the Tallapoosa river basin. As of 9 PM this evening... 4 gates
have been opened.
Interests downstream of Martin dam should stay informed of revised
river forecasts for the lower Tallapoosa and Alabama rivers.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement
Mobile Weather Watcher
|Full Program Grid|
|7:00 PM||60 Minutes|
|8:00 PM||ACM Presents: Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night|
|10:00 PM||WCCO 4 News at Ten|
|10:35 PM||WCCO 4 News at 10:35|
|11:05 PM||CSI: Miami|