Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Lake Havasu and Fort Mohave
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:16 AM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 800 am MST/800 am PDT/
for southwestern Mohave County...
At 112 am MST/112 am PDT/ it is still anticipated that runoff from
heavy rain upstream of the Sacramento wash is expected to make its
way into the Topock area and flood the roadway where it crosses
Route 66 north of Interstate 40. The runoff is expected to impact
this area through at least 8 am MST this morning.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Move up to
higher ground to escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to
flooding when water begins rising.
Lat... Lon 3473 11450 3474 11452 3478 11447 3475 11428
3476 11422 3473 11426 3473 11439 3472 11449
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:38 AM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 11 am PDT /11 am MST/
this morning through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From 11 am PDT /11 am MST/ this morning through Thursday
* Tropical Storm Odile will track northeast across southern Arizona
through Thursday. Tropical moisture from this storm has moved into
into the area and is increasing the threat of thunderstorm
activity and the potential for heavy rainfall.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experienced flooding should pay close attention to forecasts
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 9:50 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Death Valley CA...
a record high temperature of 119 degrees was set at Death Valley CA
yesterday. This ties the old record of 119 set in 1971.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement