Current Watches and Warnings
California, Ventura County Coast
Statement as of 9:41 PM PDT on May 05, 2015
... Unseasonably cold storm system will bring threat of showers and
thunderstorms to southwest California Thursday into Friday...
An unseasonably cold storm system originating in British Columbia
will dive southward into California Wednesday night through
Friday. A slight chance of showers will develop across southwest
California late Wednesday night into Thursday morning. As the main
low pressure system draws closer to the region... there will be an
increased threat of showers from Thursday afternoon through Friday
morning. During this time... there will also be a slight chance of
thunderstorms capable of producing brief heavy downpours and hail.
There is the possibility that the Los Angeles Metro area could be
impacted by showers and hail during the Thursday evening and
Friday morning commute. In addition... conditions will be favorable
for isolated waterspouts across the coastal waters.
Another potential impact from this storm system will be unseasonably
low snow levels. Snow levels could fall to around 5000 feet late Thursday
into Thursday night... and possibly lower in heavier convective showers.
A few inches of snow will be possible at resort levels... which
may require the issuance of a Winter Weather Advisory as we draw
closer to the event. In addition... gusty southwest winds up to 50
mph will likely accompany this storm in the mountains and Antelope
Rainfall amounts with this system will be quite variable due to
the showery nature of the system. Isolated rainfall rates up to
one half inch per hour will be possible with thunderstorms. As a
result... if a thunderstorm were to move over a recent burn area... there
is the possibility of minor mud and debris flows.
Residents of southwest California should monitor the latest
National Weather Service products for this developing weather
situation. Anyone planning to travel to the local mountain should prepare
for the possibility of snow showers and gusty winds.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:15 PM PDT on May 06, 2015
... Wind reports past 3 hours ...
Location speed time/date
... Los Angeles County...
Lake Palmdale 52 mph 1255 PM 05/06
Poppy Park 43 mph 1256 PM 05/06
Lancaster Fox Field 38 mph 1235 PM 05/06
9 SW Lancaster 36 mph 1153 am 05/06
12 W Lancaster 32 mph 0101 PM 05/06
Palmdale apt. 31 mph 1234 PM 05/06
Sandberg 30 mph 1111 am 05/06
Grass Mountain 28 mph 1159 am 05/06
12 NE Castaic lake 27 mph 1201 PM 05/06
Saddleback Butte 27 mph 1256 PM 05/06
Camp Nine 26 mph 1155 am 05/06
... Marine reporting stations...
San Nicolas Island 32 mph 1251 PM 05/06
south Santa Rosa Island buoy 27 mph 1150 am 05/06
... San Luis Obispo County...
Pismo Beach (7 wnw) 27 mph 1218 PM 05/06
... Santa Barbara County...
Santa Rosa Island 31 mph 1213 PM 05/06
31 SSW Avalon 30 mph 1246 PM 05/06
Santa Barbara Island 28 mph 1113 am 05/06
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report