Current Watches and Warnings
California, Northeast Siskiyou and Northwest Modoc Counties
Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:30 PM PDT on July 24, 2017
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 26, 2017
... Red flag warning now in effect until 11 PM PDT Tuesday for
abundant lightning on dry fuels for fire weather zones 617...
623... 624... 625... 284 and 285...
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
Wednesday evening for abundant lightning on dry fuels for
fire weather zones 284... 285... 617... 623... 624 and 625...
* impacts: lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to fire
spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could be
overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area:
in northern CA fire zones... northern 284... 285.
In south central or fire zones... 624... 625.
In southwest or fire zones... eastern and central 617... 623.
* Counties affected:
in northern CA... Modoc... northeast Siskiyou.
In south central or... far western Harney... Klamath... lake.
In southwest or... far eastern Douglas... eastern Jackson.
In western or... far southern Lane in the Cascades.
* Thunderstorms: scattered thunderstorms with lightning activity
level of 3. However, in southern half of Lake County and from
Highway 395 east into Harney County precipitation could approach
or locally exceed wetting rain, and lightning activity level could
be as high as lal 4.
* Timing: thunderstorms will continue through Tuesday evening.
* One less spark, one less wildfire.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. Lightning strikes with
little or no precipitation combined with dry fuels create
conditions where many fire starts may occur in a short period of
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Hawaii - Special Statement
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Warning
- New Mexico -
- New York - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lakeshore Flood Warning, Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia -
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning