Current Watches and Warnings
California, Western Mojave Desert
Statement as of 2:38 AM PDT on March 31, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on April 01, 2015
... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 4 am PDT
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Wind
Advisory for the western Mojave Desert... which is in effect from 4
PM this afternoon to 4 am PDT Wednesday.
* Winds: west at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Timing: winds will increase this afternoon and continue through
much of the night with the strongest winds expected later in the
afternoon through early Wednesday morning.
* Locations: Barstow... Daggett... ft Irwin... interstates 15 and 40...
U.S Highway 395 and State Highway 58 west of Barstow.
* Impacts: strong Crosswinds will make driving difficult for
motorcycles... large trucks... trailers and campers. Possible
reductions in visibility due to blowing dust and sand... especially
near Dry Lake beds.
A Wind Advisory means that Crosswinds are expected to be strong
enough to make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert areas could result
in briefly lowered visibility to well under a mile at times in
blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra caution.
Statement as of 5:34 PM PDT on March 30, 2015
... Record high temperatures set or tied across the region today...
Location high temperature previous record (year)
Las Vegas NV 90 88 (2004)
Bishop CA 85 84 (1966)
Barstow-Daggett CA 92 91 (1969)
Needles CA 98 97 (2004)
Death Valley CA 103* 101 (2002)
Mt Charleston NV 67 65 (2004)
* the 103 degrees reported at Death Valley CA ties the all-time March record
last set in 2011.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review before being certified by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report