Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Bernardino County-Upper Colorado River Valley
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:00 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 7:30 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 430 PM PDT for
southwestern San Bernardino and northwestern Riverside counties...
At 154 PM PDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate heavy rain producing flash flooding. Dual-pol radar storm
total estimates have indicated 1.50 to 2.00 inches of rain has
fallen in the center of this storm so far. This storm was located
just north of Yucaipa. The thunderstorm with excessive rain was
Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Forest
Falls... Highland and along State Route 38 west of Forest Falls.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3421 11690 3399 11684 3394 11717 3415 11722
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:26 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
105 PM PDT Tue Sep 16 2014 /105 PM MST Tue Sep 16 2014/
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a
* Flood Advisory for rapid rises in normally dry washes in...
north central San Bernardino County in Southern California...
south central Clark County in southern Nevada...
* until 515 PM PDT
* at 222 PM PDT Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain were developing over the Mojave preserve as well as
along Interstate 15 between Baker and Jean. Runoff from this rain
could create minor flooding issues across the advisory area. Use
caution if traveling.
* Locations impacted include...
Interstate 15 between Baker and Jean...
Mojave National preserve including Cima...
secondary roads throughout the Mojave National preserve...
Heavy rain will lead to flowing water in normally dry washes and
ponding of water on roads. Low water crossings can be dangerous in
heavy rain. Do not drive into flooded roads or low water crossings.
Turn around... dont drown!
Report flooded roads to the Las Vegas National Weather Service via
facebook or twitter.
Lat... Lon 3514 11567 3521 11582 3535 11600 3579 11617
3580 11566 3582 11566 3582 11563 3593 11552
3574 11515 3530 11499 3511 11514 3496 11562
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* Tropical Storm Odile will track east of the area over the next
48 hours. Tropical moisture from this storm has moved into
into the area and is increasing the threat of thunderstorm
activity and the potential for heavy rainfall. These
thunderstorms and the associated flash flood threat will be
isolated to scattered in nature. However... with many areas
still recovering from flood impacts the risk for additional
impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experienced flooding should pay close attention to forecasts and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 9:50 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Death Valley CA...
a record high temperature of 119 degrees was set at Death Valley CA
yesterday. This ties the old record of 119 set in 1971.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- California - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report