Current Watches and Warnings
California, Northern Monterey Bay
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 1:33 AM PDT on May 31, 2016
... Beach hazards statement in effect from 5 am PDT early this
morning through Thursday evening...
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a beach
hazards statement for rip currents and large shore break... which
is in effect from 5 am PDT early this morning through Thursday
* Hazards... strong rip currents and large shore break.
* Timing... Tuesday morning through Thursday evening.
* Location... coastline from Sonoma County south through Monterey
County. In particular southwest facing beaches... including but
not limited to... Stinson Beach... Santa Cruz boardwalk beach and
Twin Lakes Beach.
* Potential impacts... strong rip currents can pull even the
strongest swimmers away from shore. Large shore break can result
in serious neck and back injuries.
A beach hazard statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a rip
current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Excessive Heat Watch
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning