Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, South and East Jackson/Larimer/North and Northeast Grand/Northwest Boulder Counties Above 9000 Feet
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 8:02 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EST on December 23, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon
through Monday evening...
* timing... snow is expected to develop Sunday morning increasing
in intensity Sunday afternoon and continuing into Monday
night. The heaviest snow is expected to fall late Sunday night
into early Monday morning.
* Snow accumulations... 12 to 20 inches will be possible with
localized heavier amounts on northwest facing slopes.
* Wind/visibility... mountain top wind gusts up to 60 mph will be
possible early Monday morning. This will cause areas of blowing
and drifting snow to reduce visibilities over mountains passes.
* Impacts... accumulating snow will result in snow and ice packed
roads and highways... especially over higher mountain passes. The
combination of snow and wind will cause visibility reductions.
Travel will likely be difficult.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory