Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Phillips County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:13 PM MDT on June 30, 2016
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on July 01, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through late tonight...
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for the northeast plains and Front Range
foothills in Colorado including the Denver Metro area
* through late tonight.
* Numerous thunderstorms will develop by this evening and shift
slowly eastward overnight. The air is very moist and some of the
storms could be stationary for a few hours resulting in several
inches of rain and flash flooding. The risk of stationary storms
and flash flooding is highest south of a line from Castle Rock
to Akron... but there is still a lower threat of flooding from
slow moving storms across Denver and in areas further north.
Rainfall of 2 inches in an hour is likely in some of the
storms... and up to 4 inches in 2 to 3 hours is possible if a
storm becomes stationary.
* Flash flooding may cause rapid rises in rivers and streams...
and flooding in normally dry creeks and low lying areas. Heavy
rain may overwhelm drainage systems causing overtopping of roads
at creek crossings and flooding of city streets. Rural roads may
wash out... and rock and mud slides are possible in mountain
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement