Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Central Chaffee County Below 9000 Ft
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 8:53 PM MDT on April 25, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 27, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday evening
through Monday afternoon...
* location... central and eastern Chaffee County... central and
western Fremont County... the Wet Mountain Valley... the lower
elevations of Pikes Peak and the Rampart Range between 7500
and 11000 feet... Huerfano... and western Las Animas counties.
* Cause and timing... an upper level storm system is forecast to
move across the Desert Southwest bringing a period of wet...
heavy snowfall to the eastern mountains... generally above 7000
feet. The best window of heavy wet snowfall will be Sunday
night through Monday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 6 inches or more for the lower
elevations... with 8 inches or more possible above 7000 feet.
Snowfall rates of up to 2 inches per hour will be possible...
especially Sunday night.
* Wind... northeast to east at 15 to 25 mph.
* Impact... travel will likely become hazardous due to heavy
snow... poor visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued when there is the potential for
severe winter weather conditions to develop.
Winter storms may have strong winds and reduced visibility due to
heavy snowfall and blowing snow. Snow accumulations of over
6 inches across the plains and high valleys or over 8 inches in
the mountains may occur. If you are planning to travel in the
watch area during the time of the watch... listen to the latest
weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by
another Route. If you must travel in or through the watch area
during the time of the watch... take along a winter survival kit.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- New York - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Freeze Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement