Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Cheyenne County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:35 PM MDT on August 27, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until 6 am MDT /7 am CDT/
The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Colorado...
northwest Kansas and southwest Nebraska... including the
following areas... in east central Colorado... Cheyenne co... Kit
Carson and Yuma. In northwest Kansas... Cheyenne KS... Decatur...
Gove... Graham... Logan... Norton... Rawlins... Sheridan...
Sherman... Thomas and Wallace. In southwest Nebraska... Dundy...
Hitchcock and Red Willow.
* Until 6 am MDT /7 am CDT/ Thursday
* thunderstorms will move across the area through the overnight
hours... and a produce a general 1 to 3 inches with locally higher
amounts. This could cause additional flash flooding especially
in locations that have received heavy rainfall in the last few
A Flash Flood Watch means that additional rainfall may result in
flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Monitor later forecasts and be prepared to move quickly to higher
ground should flash flooding occur.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report