Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Eastern Las Animas County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:31 PM MDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 30, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Tuesday afternoon
through Tuesday evening...
... Flash Flood Watch for tonight is cancelled...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of south central Colorado and southeast Colorado...
including the following areas... in south central Colorado...
northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains... southern Sangre de
Cristo Mountains... Wet Mountain Valley and Wet Mountains. In
southeast Colorado... eastern Las Animas County... Huerfano
County and western Las Animas County.
* From Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday evening
* monsoon moisture will remain over southeast Colorado Tuesday. At
the surface... easterly upslope flow will enhance thunderstorm
development over the mountains. Additional thunderstorms will
develop over the plains through the late afternoon and evening
hours. Thunderstorms will be slow moving with rainfall rates of
up to two inches per hour.
* Flooding of urban areas... creeks... arroyos and normally dry
washes will be possible Tuesday afternoon and evening. Heavy
rainfall on burn scars may result in dangerous mud and ash
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The Flash Flood Watch in effect for portions of south central
Colorado and southeast Colorado tonight has been cancelled.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement