Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Santa Rosa
Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 11:48 PM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
1145 PM CDT Sat Apr 18 2015
... High rip current risk remains in effect through Sunday
* timing... through Sunday evening.
* Impacts... dangerous swimming conditions can be expected due to
the presence of stronger and more frequent rip currents.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Alabama and northwest Florida... including the
following areas... in Alabama... Butler... Conecuh... Covington...
Crenshaw... Escambia... lower Baldwin... lower Mobile... upper
Baldwin and upper Mobile. In northwest Florida... coastal
Escambia... coastal Okaloosa... coastal Santa Rosa... inland
Escambia... inland Okaloosa and inland Santa Rosa.
* Through Sunday afternoon
* what and where... showers and thunderstorms are expected to
develop across the area through Sunday morning before moving
mostly east of the area. The heavier storms may produce up to
2 to 4 inches of rainfall which may lead to flash flooding.
* Impacts... possible Road closures. Local creek flooding... as
well as water flowing over roadways will develop in areas that
receive the highest rain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory