Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, St. Johns
Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:16 PM EDT on October 08, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 09, 2015
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EDT
... High rip current risk remains in effect through late tonight...
* coastal flooding... tidal anomalies of 1 to 2 feet above normal
will bring the potential of minor coastal flooding during high
* Timing... the next high tides along the coast are around 6 PM
* Impacts... long period easterly ocean swells and onshore winds
will support a high risk of rip currents at area beaches.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents will be life threatening.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly. Do not attempt to save
someone in peril if you do not know how to escape rip currents
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report