Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, South Walton
Statement as of 6:42 AM CDT on April 18, 2014
749 PM CDT Thu Apr 17 2014
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the shoal river near Mossy Head (cr 1087).
* From this afternoon to late Saturday night... or until the warning
* At 6:30 am Friday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* River is expected to reach 16.9 feet by early Saturday. Then fall
Lat... Lon 3076 8639 3077 8631 3077 8619 3080 8620 3082 8630 3082 8639
... Forecast flooding increased from moderate to major severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Choctawhatchee River near Bruce (sr 20).
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:01 PM Thursday the stage was 15.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.6 feet by
early Wednesday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 16.5 feet... major flooding occurs along the east and
west banks of the choctahatchee river from near the confluence with
Holmes creek to the Gulf of Mexico affecting many homes and fishing
Lat... Lon 3070 8592 3047 8596 3044 8613 3037 8609 3044 8585 3070 8581
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:32 AM CDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
410 am EDT Fri Apr 18 2014 /310 am CDT Fri Apr 18 2014/
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 2 am EDT /1 am CDT/
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* location... Panhandle and Big Bend beaches.
* Surf... increasing to 3 to 5 feet today along the Panhandle
beaches with a few spots to 6 feet along Walton County. Big
Bend beaches... 3 to 5 feet today.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore. If you become caught in a rip current remain calm and
swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the force of the
rip current... swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim
directly against a rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
... Flood Watch remains in effect through late tonight...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Alabama... Florida and Georgia...
including the following areas... in southeast Alabama...
Coffee... Dale... Geneva... Henry and Houston. In Florida...
Calhoun... central Walton... coastal Bay... coastal Dixie...
coastal Franklin... coastal Gulf... coastal Jefferson... coastal
Taylor... coastal Wakulla... Gadsden... Holmes... inland Bay...
inland Dixie... inland Franklin... inland Gulf... inland
Jefferson... inland Taylor... inland Wakulla... inland Walton...
Jackson... Lafayette... Leon... Liberty... Madison... south Walton
and Washington. In Georgia... Baker... Ben Hill... Berrien...
Brooks... Calhoun... Clay... Colquitt... Cook... Decatur...
Dougherty... early... Grady... Irwin... Lanier... Lee... Lowndes...
Miller... Mitchell... Quitman... Randolph... Seminole... Terrell...
Thomas... Tift... Turner and Worth.
* Through late tonight
* rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches... with isolated amounts of 6
to 8 inches possible.
* The main concern is for rising rivers... especially rivers that
are already near or at flood stage. Flash flooding is also
possible... mainly in urban areas... and near
creeks... streams... and drainage areas prone to fast rising water
during heavy rain.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood or flash flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to
flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding
develop. Please do not driver through flood areas.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement