Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Palm Beach County
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 5:29 AM EDT on May 03, 2015
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* timing... this morning through this evening.
* Impacts... increasing onshore winds along the Atlantic coast...
along with a 1 to 4 foot northeast swell today... will lead to a
high risk of rip currents along the Atlantic coast. The worse
conditions are expected during the afternoon as the swell peaks
at the same time as low tide in the mid afternoon.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Fire Weather Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report