Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Kauai Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:29 PM HST on October 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect until 6 PM HST Monday...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* Kauai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Until 6 PM HST Monday.
* Rainbands associated with Hurricane Ana may produce rainfall
amounts of 3 to 6 inches with locally up to 8 inches on Kauai
and an additional 2 to 4 inches on Oahu overnight. If these
amounts occur within a short period of time... flash flooding
* In addition to possible flash flooding... excessive runoff may
result in rock and mudslides in steep terrain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Tropical Storm Warning
Statement as of 8:17 PM HST on October 19, 2014
Expires 10:30 AM EDT on October 20, 2014
... Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
As tropical storm conditions diminish... do not go outside to
check for damage or to implement temporary repairs until winds
fully subside. Stay inside and listen for possible flood warnings.
Small craft should avoid the Kauai leeward waters until conditions
... Winds and seas...
winds on Niihau were still reported to be in the 30 mph range this
evening. Winds and seas will still be higher... with gusts over
tropical storm force and seas to 16 feet... in the waters southwest
of Niihau through the evening. As Tropical Storm Ana exits the
area... winds and seas will continue to diminish. Warnings will be
discontinued as soon as the threat completely subsides.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
South Shore surf of Hurricane Ana will produce surf of 10 to 15
feet... slowly subsiding through tonight. An unrelated northwest
swell will produce surf along north facing shores of 10 to 15 feet
... Inland flooding...
a Flash Flood Watch is in effect. Refer to the watch for more
Statement as of 4:29 PM HST on October 19, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record rainfall of 3.4 inch(es) was set at Honolulu HI today.
This breaks the old record of 1.86 set in 1999.
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Freeze Warning
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Rhode Island - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning