Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Oahu Koolau
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 3:30 PM HST on April 20, 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday...
* surf... 5 to 8 feet along east shores this evening... increasing to
6 to 9 feet Monday.
* Timing... through Tuesday
* impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong currents... making swimming dangerous.
Heed all advice from ocean safety officials and exercise caution.
Statement as of 4:06 PM HST on April 20, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Monday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Monday.
* Winds... northeast 20 to 35 mph with localized gusts over 50 mph
will affect portions of Oahu... Lanai... Maui... Kahoolawe... and
The Big Island.
On Oahu... the stronger winds are expected immediately Lee of
both the koolau and Waianae mountain ranges.
For Maui County... the stronger winds will be concentrated over
Lanai... Kahoolawe... and the west Maui mountains and Central
Valley of Maui.
On The Big Island... the stronger winds will be focused in
the leeward kohala area... the Waimea to Kawaihae corridor and
western saddle area... and near South Point. Strong winds are not
expected to affect Hilo town.
* Timing... tonight and Monday.
* Impacts... winds this strong can bring down tree branches and
make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of at least 30 mph...
or gusts of at least 50 mph... are expected. Motorists should use
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Delaware - Frost Advisory
- District of Columbia - Frost Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Utah - High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement