Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Waianae Mountains
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:44 AM HST on August 24, 2016
1146 PM HST Tue Aug 23 2016
... The Flood Advisory remains in effect until 300 am HST for the
island of Oahu in Honolulu County...
At 140 am HST... radar indicated a large area of showers and isolated
thunderstorms moving into the South Shore of Oahu. These showers and
storms will be capable of producing rainfall rates of up to 1 to 2
inches per hour as they move off to the north at around 10 to 15
mph. Minor flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas can be
Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to...
Honolulu... Maunawili... Kailua... Waikane... Mililani... Waialua... Hawaii
Kai... Salt Lake... Kaneohe... Waiahole... Moanalua and Halawa.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle... or on
foot. Turn around... don't drown.
A Flash Flood Watch is also in effect for Oahu until 6 PM Wednesday.
Lat... Lon 2153 15784 2147 15784 2141 15778 2147 15777
2147 15773 2141 15774 2131 15765 2126 15770
2130 15772 2126 15782 2134 15790 2130 15791
2134 15797 2130 15811 2149 15824 2153 15823
2158 15828 2158 15812 2169 15803 2171 15797
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Wednesday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include Kahoolawe... Kauai... Lanai...
Maui... Molokai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Through Wednesday afternoon
* deep tropical moisture will continue to produce heavy downpours
and a chance of thunderstorms through Wednesday. With the ground
already saturated in many areas from recent heavy rains... there
will be an elevated risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:03 PM HST on August 23, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Hilo hi...
a record rainfall of 6.98 inches has occurred so far today at
Hilo hi. This breaks the old record of 3.59 set in 1982.
Additional rainfall is expected before midnight... and this record
event report will be updated later.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement