Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Lanai Makai
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:30 AM HST on September 03, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on September 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until midnight HST tonight...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for all Hawaiian islands
* until midnight HST tonight.
* A very moist air mass... together with a trough of low pressure
in the middle atmosphere overhead... has been encouraging locally
heavy showers and thunderstorms to develop during the night.
Although most of the heaviest precipitation remained offshore...
rainfall locally saturated the soil from Oahu to The Big Island
overnight. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to cover only
a portion of the state at any one time... but local impacts may
be significant... and training showers may permit heavy rain to
continue at individual locations for extended periods of time.
Shower and thunderstorm development is expected to increase in
the afternoon and early evening.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 93 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 89 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report