Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Maui Leeward West
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:30 PM HST on August 04, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Maui and The Big Island.
* Until 600 PM Thursday.
* For abundant moisture from Tropical Storm Guillermo moving
over the area.
* Excessive runoff may produce rock and mudslides in steep
terrain. Fast moving water may create life-threatening
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
Tropical Storm Watch
Statement as of 12:05 AM HST on August 05, 2015
Expires 1:15 PM EDT on August 05, 2015
... Tropical storm watch remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
Loose objects such as lawn furniture... garbage cans... and other
items should be secured or stored indoors. Have supplies on hand
and be ready for power outages. Evacuate if ordered by local
... Probability of tropical storm/hurricane conditions...
the chance for tropical storm force winds is 6 percent at Hilo
and 12 percent at Kahului which has trended down slightly.
although the latest forecast is for sustained winds to remain
below tropical storm force of 39 mph... 34 knots... only a small
change in the track of Guillermo could result in higher winds.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
large surf will continue to build along east facing shores rest of
tonight through Wednesday.
... Inland flooding...
a Flash Flood Watch is in effect for portions of the area. Refer
to the watch for more details.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report