Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Maui Leeward West
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 4:47 PM HST on September 04, 2015
434 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Maui in Maui County
* until 745 PM HST
* at 442 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain near Keokea... or about 16
miles southeast of Kahului. The area of heavy rain was nearly
stationary. Rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour will remain
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Kula... Wailea and Kihei.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 745 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 2078 15648 2079 15622 2056 15624 2058 15648
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Kahoolawe... Lanai... Maui... Molokai and The Big Island.
* Until 6 PM HST this evening.
* A very moist air mass... together with an upper level trough just
west of the state... likely will produce locally heavy showers
and thunderstorms late this afternoon. Saturated soils from
recent and current rainfall across the state will increase the
risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
407 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet through
tonight... rising to 7 to 10 feet Saturday.
* Timing... through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
Statement as of 4:39 PM HST on September 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement