Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Windward Haleakala
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 5:34 PM HST on August 30, 2015
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Tuesday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... rising to 12 to 20 feet
tonight and Monday.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and infrastructure...
including roadways. Powerful longshore and rip currents will be
present at most beaches. Large breaking waves and strong
currents may impact Harbor entrances and channels causing
challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:30 PM HST on August 30, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement