Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, South Big Island
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:47 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... 10 to 15 feet.
* Timing... through Thursday and possibly through the weekend at
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and
infrastructure... including roadways. Powerful longshore and
rip currents will be present at most beaches. Large breaking
waves and strong currents may impact Harbor entrances and
channels causing challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shore break... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:45 PM HST on September 02, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 93 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 89 set in 1987.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New York - Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Air Quality Alert
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Texas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report