Current Watches and Warnings
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:02 AM CDT on October 24, 2014
... NOAA Weather Radio kjy-63 at Forest City is off the air...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter kjy-63 at Forest City Iowa is off
the air due to a communications or hardware failure. Technicians have
been notified but there is no estimated restore time.
The Forest City NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts on channel 5... or a
frequency of 162.500 mhz... and services the following counties in
Iowa... Cerro Gordo... Franklin... Hancock... Kossuth... Winnebago...
Wright... and Worth. Faribault and Freeborn counties in Minnesota are
also served by this transmitter.
Neighboring transmitters that service some of these counties include
wng-688 at Ringsted broadcasting on channel 4 or 162.475 mhz... kxi-
68 at Saint Ansgar broadcasting on channel 3 or 162.450 mhz... wng-
666 at Iowa Falls broadcasting on channel 6 or 162.525 mhz... wxk-
84 at Fort Dodge broadcasting on channel 1 or 162.400 mhz... and wxk-
40 at Mankato Minnesota broadcasting on channel 1 or 162.400 mhz.
We apologize for this interruption and will have service restored as
soon as possible.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement