Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:29 AM CDT on August 29, 2014
... Record daily rainfall for Des Moines on Thursday was broken...
The Des Moines International Airport has reported 3.38 inches of
rainfall for Thursday August 28th. This breaks the previous record
daily rainfall for this date which was 1.74 inches set back in
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:10 AM CDT on August 29, 2014
... NOAA Weather Radio kzz-68 at Van Wert is off the air...
The NOAA Weather Radio transmitter kzz-68 at Van Wert Iowa is off the
air due to a communications or hardware failure. Technicians have
been notified but there is no estimated restore time.
The Van Wert NOAA Weather Radio broadcasts on channel 4... or a
frequency of 162.475 mhz... and services the following counties in
Iowa... Clarke... Decatur... Lucas... Ringgold... Union... and Wayne.
Neighboring transmitters that service some of these counties include
kxi-65 at Lenox broadcasting on channel 3 or 162.450 mhz... wxl-57 at
Des Moines broadcasting on channel 7 or 162.550 mhz... and wxn-91 at
lake Rathbun broadcasting on channel 2 or 162.425 mhz.
We apologize for this interruption and will have service restored as
soon as possible.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement