WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-red01, ww color red

Minnesota Weather

Severe Weather

Current Watches and Warnings

More Maps

Indiana, Union

Public Information Statement

Statement as of 10:15 AM EDT on September 22, 2014


When does the first freeze of the fall season normally occur?

A temperature of 32 degrees fahrenheit has officially been recorded
as early as Sep 28th at Cincinnati... Sep 21st in Columbus and Dayton.
However... elements such as topography... urban and rural setting and
placement of recording instrument can create wide variations in
temperatures across an area.

National Weather Service temperatures are officially taken at an
elevation of five feet above the ground... but the temperature at
ground level may be colder. On typical fall nights when frost
occurs... the temperature at the five foot level may read 36 degrees
while at the ground level it is actually the 32 degrees needed to
form frost.

The following reference table will give an idea as to when the first
freezing temperatures might occur... based on the latest 30 years of
climatological data available at each of the listed locations. An
updated graphical presentation of the current status of the NWS
Wilmington frost/freeze program will be available on our website
at www.Weather.Gov/iln/.


Location avg date first first 32f in one first 32f in nine
                 32f in fall year out of ten years out of ten
                                (10% probability) (90% likelihood)

..southwest Ohio

Cincinnati Oct 23 Oct 9 Nov 6
Dayton Oct 19 Oct 3 Nov 4
Hillsboro Oct 24 Oct 7 Nov 9
Milford Oct 13 Sep 28 Oct 29
Wilmington Oct 13 Sep 28 Oct 27
Xenia Oct 11 Sep 26 Oct 27

..central Ohio

Circleville Oct 19 Oct 2 Nov 4
Columbus Oct 20 Oct 6 Nov 3
Delaware Oct 9 Sep 27 Oct 22
London Oct 8 Sep 25 Oct 21
Marysville Oct 16 Sep 28 Nov 3
Newark Oct 11 Sep 27 Oct 26
Washington c.H. Oct 19 Oct 4 Nov 3

..west central Ohio

Bellefontaine Oct 11 Sep 27 Oct 25
Greenville Oct 8 Sep 25 Oct 22
Kenton Oct 13 Sep 26 Oct 30
Springfield Oct 10 Sep 29 Oct 20
Urbana Oct 11 Sep 25 Oct 28

..south central Ohio

Portsmouth Oct 17 Sep 28 Nov 4
Waverly Oct 9 Sep 25 Nov 9

..Kentucky

Carrollton Oct 20 Oct 8 Nov 1
Covington Oct 17 Oct 5 Oct 30
Maysville Oct 20 Oct 7 Nov 3
Warsaw Oct 17 Oct 3 Oct 30
Williamstown Oct 21 Oct 6 Nov 4

..Indiana

Richmond Oct 12 Sep 29 Oct 24
Vevay Oct 24 Oct 9 Nov 8


Weather Severe Map
Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory
Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement
Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
Hawaii - Record Report
Idaho - Air Quality Alert
Illinois - Public Information Statement
Indiana - Public Information Statement
Kansas - Public Information Statement
Kentucky - Public Information Statement
Louisiana - Public Information Statement
Maryland - Frost Advisory
Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
Missouri - Public Information Statement
Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
Ohio - Public Information Statement
Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
Virginia - Frost Advisory
Washington - Record Report
West Virginia - Frost Advisory
Wyoming - Special Statement
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,868 other followers