Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:54 PM CDT on August 28, 2014
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
southeastern Smith County in north central Kansas...
northeastern Osborne County in north central Kansas...
* until 1145 PM CDT
* at 750 PM CDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause small stream flooding in the
advisory area. Up to two inches of rain have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Downs and Portis.
This flooding will primarily be along and near the Solomon river
downstream of Portis... and along the lower reaches of the Twelve
Mile creek and the Oak Creek. Some County roads may be impassable
for a time due to water issues.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle
into areas where the water covers the roadway. When encountering
flooded roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3949 9875 3956 9871 3957 9868 3963 9860
3966 9851 3957 9851 3957 9849 3947 9849
3949 9857 3947 9859 3947 9865
Local Storm Report
08/27/2014 1051 PM
Smith Center airpo, Smith County.
Thunderstorm wind gust m55 mph, reported by AWOS.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - High Surf Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Tornado Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement