Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:14 PM CDT on July 01, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Kansas and northeast Kansas...
including the following areas... in east central Kansas...
Anderson... Coffey... Douglas... Franklin... Lyon... Osage...
Shawnee and Wabaunsee. In northeast Kansas... Jackson and
* Through Sunday evening
* several rounds of heavy rainfall are forecast to begin tonight
and continue into Sunday. Widespread rainfall totals of 2 to 4
inches are forecast with locally higher amounts.
* Low lying areas and those that are prone to flooding could see
fast rising waters in a short time. Camping along creeks and
rivers will pose a greater risk to the dangers of flash
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Persons planning outdoor activities... especially on or near area
water ways... should be aware of the flash flooding potential and
stay tuned to the latest weather updates.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement