Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:32 AM MDT on July 29, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on July 30, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from this evening through
The National Weather Service in Dodge City has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of south central Kansas...
southwest Kansas and west central Kansas... including the
following areas... in south central Kansas... Barber...
Comanche... Edwards... Kiowa and Pratt. In southwest Kansas...
Clark... Finney... Ford... Grant... gray... Hamilton... Haskell...
Hodgeman... Kearny... Meade... Morton... Seward... Stanton and
Stevens. In west central Kansas... Lane and Scott.
* From this evening through Wednesday afternoon
* excessive rainfall with storm totals of 2 to 5 inches.
* High precipitation rates in the tropical environment will lead
to an enhanced risk of rapid water rise of streams, culverts, as
well as urban low spots susceptible to flooding leading to
stalled vehicles. Remember, it only takes six inches of fast-
moving water knock a person down.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Watch