Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 11:22 PM CDT on October 23, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on October 24, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 8 am CDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a dense
fog advisory... which is in effect until 8 am CDT Friday.
* Short term trends... areas of fog have developed across the
advisory area... with visibilities dropping to a quarter mile at
times. Visibilities will be variable during the overnight
hours... with rapid changes expected over short distances.
* Timing and areas affected... southeastern Kansas and southwestern
Missouri... along and southwest of a line from Columbus Kansas to
Bolivar Missouri... to Ava and Gainesville... until 8 am.
* Visibility... as low as a quarter mile at times. Drivers should
expect rapid changes in visibilities over short distances.
* Impacts... dense fog will reduce visibilities on area roadways
through Monday morning... making driving potentially hazardous.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement