Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 2:54 PM CST on March 04, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST /noon
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST /noon
* Timing: rain will transition to sleet this afternoon and
evening. This sleet then will then transition to snow... becoming
heavy by mid evening and continuing into tonight. Snow will end
early Thursday morning.
* Accumulations: 4 to 10 inches of snow across central and north
central Kentucky. Localized higher amounts possible... especially
from the northern Blue Grass to the Nolin and Rough River Lake
* Main impact: plan on snow covered roads and dangerous travel
conditions. Snow rates may be intense... resulting in rapid
accumulations and low visibilities.
* Other impacts: north winds gusting up to 20 mph tonight. This
combined with the weight of the snow could result in scattered
power outages and downed tree limbs.
Travel will be treacherous with some roads nearly impassable.
Have an emergency kit of blankets... food... water and flashlights
if you must travel.
Statement as of 11:34 PM EST on March 04, 2015
Expires 4:09 PM EST on March 05, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the South Fork Licking River at Cynthiana.
* Until Thursday afternoon.
* At 10:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 17.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by after midnight Thursday and
continue to rise to near 21.0 feet by Thursday morning. The river
will fall below flood stage by Thursday late morning.
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... Poplar street is closed. Some homes on west
side are evacuated.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 20.5
feet on Mar 20 2002.
Lat... Lon 3835 8422 3849 8429 3857 8434 3853 8446
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:09 PM EST on March 04, 2015
... Snow reports for Louisville County Warning Area climate sites...
Location snowfall since total snow
midnight on ground
through 7 PM at 7 PM
Lexington (official) 0.5 1
Louisville international (official) 1.6 2
Louisville NWS office 1.4 1
Fort Knox 2.0 2
- Alabama - Winter Storm Warning , Freezing Rain Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- California - Frost Advisory
- Colorado - Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Winter Weather Advisory
- Delaware - Winter Storm Warning
- District of Columbia - Winter Storm Warning
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Chill Advisory
- Oklahoma - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report