Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:40 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 4:24 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
... Flood Warning extended until Wednesday afternoon... the Flood
Warning continues for
The Bayou des cannes near Eunice.
* From Monday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon... or until the warning
* At 8:00 PM Saturday the stage was 13.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Monday early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 17.0 feet by Tuesday morning.The river
will fall below flood stage by late Wednesday morning.
* Impact... at stages near 16.0 feet... minor flooding begins along
The Bayou with a few structures right along The Bayou threatened.
Lat... Lon 3057 9240 3056 9235 3019 9256 3022 9260
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:11 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 02, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Monday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Hardin... Jefferson...
northern Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper...
southern Newton and Tyler.
* Through Monday evening
* rainfall amounts of one to four inches is possible in the watch
area... with locally higher amounts.
* Primary impacts will be flash flooding of low lying locations
especially in urban areas with poor drainage or along low
lying rural roads. Flooding of streams... creeks and bayous can
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:04 PM CDT on April 30, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Lake Charles...
a record rainfall of 3.33 inch(es) was set at Lake Charles today.
This breaks the old record of 2.34 set in 1957.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement