Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, St. Landry
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:15 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
1040 am CDT Fri Apr 17 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and Texas... including the following
areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In Texas... Hardin... Jefferson... northern
Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper... southern
Newton and Tyler.
* Through this evening
* widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop
again over the area... mainly late this morning into the
afternoon. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are possible... with
locally higher amounts possible. This rainfall will quickly run
off... resulting in flash flooding of poorly drained or low
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The Flood Watch continues for
The Bayou Vermilion near Carencro
* from Saturday evening until further notice.
* At 10:00 am Friday the stage was 15.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by tomorrow evening.
* Impact... at stages near 18.0 feet... roads along bayou fuseilier
are impassable. These include but are not limited to Walnut and
green roads along the St. Martin, St. Landry Parish line, as well
as meche Road in St. Landry Parish.
Lat... Lon 3026 9200 3028 9193 3031 9194 3032 9189
3046 9198 3046 9201
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory