Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 8:47 AM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
546 am CDT Sat Aug 30 2014
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
southern St. Landry Parish in central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... Opelousas... Leonville... Krotz
northwestern Iberia Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... New Iberia... Jeanerette... Avery
Lafayette Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... Scott... Lafayette... Carencro...
northwestern St. Martin Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... St. Martinville... Catahoula... Breaux
east central Acadia Parish in southwest Louisiana...
northeastern Vermilion Parish in southwest Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... Intracoastal City... Abbeville...
* until 1045 am CDT
* at 843 am CDT up to 2 inches has fallen from around Opelousas to
Vermilion Bay with the highest amounts around Avery Island...
Henry... and Abbeville. Additional rain will continue to stream in
from the Gulf of Mexico through the next few hours producing an
additional 1 to 3 inches.
Turn around... don't drown... most flood deaths occur in automobiles.
Never drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. Flood waters are usually deeper than they appear. Just one
foot of flowing water is powerful enough to sweep vehicles off the
Road. When encountering flooded roads make the smart choice... turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3056 9219 3057 9175 3051 9173 3050 9170
3043 9163 2988 9168 2973 9186 2973 9187
2976 9189 2982 9184 2982 9197 2979 9198
2977 9205 2972 9212 2973 9215 2974 9215
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Through this evening
* average total rain amounts of 3 to 5 inches will be possible by
this evening... with isolated amounts up to 6 inches possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement