Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:23 PM CDT on August 16, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 17, 2017
... Heat advisory in effect from 9 am to 7 PM CDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a heat
advisory, which is in effect from 9 am to 7 PM CDT Thursday.
* Temperature... 93 to 95 degrees with dew points between 76 and 79
* Max apparent temperature... 108 to 110 degrees.
* Impacts... prolonged exposure to the heat outdoors, in unshaded
places, without proper hydration, and other precautionary
actions, may result in heat related illnesses.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned
room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside.
When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning
or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work, the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome
by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat
stroke is an emergency, call 9 1 1.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report