Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, St. Mary
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:45 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
1125 am CDT Sat Aug 30 2014
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor
drainage areas in...
Iberia Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... New Iberia... Jeanerette... Avery
St. Martin Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... Belle River... Stephensville... St.
Martinville... Catahoula... Breaux Bridge...
St. Mary Parish in south central Louisiana...
this includes the cities of... Patterson... Morgan City... Franklin...
Cypremort Point... Burns Point... Berwick... Bayou Vista...
* until 345 PM CDT
* at 1241 PM CDT rain continues to move across lower Acadiana and
the lower Atchafalaya basin this afternoon with 1 to 3 inches
already fallen across the area. These pockets of heavy rain and
thunderstorms that continue to move in from the Gulf may produce a
quick inch of rain producing minor flooding from New Iberia to
Patterson and Breaux Bridge.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 2970 9109 2948 9134 2953 9155 2963 9157
2963 9167 2973 9163 2970 9186 2982 9184
2982 9197 3017 9191 3019 9198 3041 9197
3039 9169 3047 9174 3042 9162 3011 9147
3004 9121 2995 9124 2981 9109
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Through this evening
* average total rain amounts of 2 to 4 inches will be possible
through this evening... with isolated amounts up to 5 inches
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement