Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 6:52 PM EDT on September 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 01, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT
* tidal anomaly... around 2 feet above normal.
* Timing... several hours around each high tide through Saturday.
Minor coastal flooding will persist at least through Saturday
* Expected impacts... minor inundation of low lying shoreline.
Here are the times of the next high tides
Aquia creek... 7:14 PM and 7:35 am...
Goose Bay... 4:55 am and 5:13 PM...
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
All tide heights are relative to mean lower low water.
Time of high total tides are approximate to the nearest hour.
minor 3.5 ft, moderate 5.0 ft, major 7.0 ft
day/time tide tide anomaly flood
/ft/ /ft/ /ft/ category
---------- ------- ------- ------- --------
01/03 am 4.1 2.0 2.1 minor
01/04 PM 4.1 2.1 2.0 minor
02/04 am 3.7 2.0 1.7 minor
02/04 PM 3.5 2.1 1.4 minor
03/04 am 3.0 1.9 1.1 none
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Lakeshore Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report