Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Northern Piscataquis
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:22 AM EDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 5:15 AM EDT on October 24, 2014
The National Weather Service in Caribou Maine has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
central Penobscot County in east central Maine...
this includes the cities of... Millinocket... Lincoln... Howland...
southern Piscataquis County in north central Maine...
this includes the cities of... Guilford... Greenville...
Dover-Foxcroft... Brownville Junction...
southeastern Aroostook County in northern Maine...
northeastern Hancock County in southeast Maine...
northern Washington County in southeast Maine...
this includes the cities of... Vanceboro... Danforth... Calais...
Central Somerset County in west central Maine...
* until 515 am EDT
* periods of heavy rain will continue to move across the advisory
area this morning. Rainfall totals since Wednesday night have reached
over 2 inches in portions of the advisory area. The areas hit the
hardest include eastern Washington County... southern Penobscot and
southern Piscataquis County. Streams and rivers in these locations
have risen sharply but remain well within their banks.
* Additional rainfall of up to an one inch will allow streams and
rivers to rise more but flooding is not expected. Ponding of water
on roadways is expected and some low spots could have standing
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 4504 6935 4507 6936 4505 6962 4557 6974
4565 6970 4577 6978 4575 6976 4588 6973
4576 6779 4569 6779 4559 6752 4561 6745
4550 6740 4548 6749 4539 6741 4525 6746
4514 6735 4520 6729 4517 6715 4500 6705
Statement as of 1:28 AM EDT on October 24, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Bangor ME...
A record rainfall of 1.94 inches was set at Bangor ME yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 1.73 set in 1929.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement