Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 3:53 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
... Beach hazards statement in effect from Tuesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
beach hazards statement... which is in effect from Tuesday morning
through Tuesday evening.
* High wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Strong structural currents... expected.
* Location... beaches from Caseville to Birch Beach including...
Caseville... Sand Point... Port Crescent State Park...
Port Austin... Harbor Beach... Port Sanilac... Lexington...
* overview/potential impacts... the wave conditions are
expected to produce dangerous swimming conditions on area
High wave action alone can make swimming difficult on days such
as this. Incoming waves in rapid succession can tire a swimmer
To learn more about dangerous waves and currents please visit
dangerouscurrents.Org (all lower case)
- Alabama - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Tornado Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Tornado Watch , Record Report