Current Watches and Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:11 AM EDT on June 29, 2017
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on June 29, 2017
... Beach hazards statement now in effect through this afternoon...
* high wave action... strong currents and dangerous swimming
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Strong longshore currents expected.
* Rip currents expected.
* Location... beaches from St. Joseph to Manistee.
Beaches with particularly dangerous conditions today include
South Beach in South Haven... Grand Haven State Park... Pere
Marquette Park in Muskegon.
* Overview/potential impacts... southwest winds to 30 mph will
generate waves of 4 to 8 feet this morning. Winds and waves
will gradually subside this afternoon. The most dangerous
conditions today will be on the south side of pier structures.
High wave action makes swimming difficult and can tire even a
strong swimmer quickly.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
A longshore current is a lake current that moves parallel to
shore. Longshore currents can be strong enough to prevent
swimmers from being able to keep their feet on the bottom...
making it difficult to return to shore.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:31 AM EDT on June 29, 2017
Expires 8:31 PM EDT on June 29, 2017
... Rainfall reports...
Location amount time/date lat/Lon
... Allegan County...
Wayland 1.25 in 0610 am 06/29 42.66n/85.65w
... Kent County...
1 SSW Comstock Park 1.17 in 0721 am 06/29 43.03n/85.68w
Grandville 1.08 in 0723 am 06/29 42.91n/85.76w
Belmont 1.07 in 0700 am 06/29 43.08n/85.63w
Cutlerville 1.05 in 0700 am 06/29 42.85n/85.65w
2 N Cannonsburg 1.02 in 0722 am 06/29 43.09n/85.47w
... Mecosta County...
2 NW Sylvester 1.12 in 0630 am 06/29 43.56n/85.28w
... Muskegon County...
Lakewood Club 1.85 in 0723 am 06/29 43.37n/86.24w
1 WSW Norton Shores 1.62 in 0720 am 06/29 43.15n/86.29w
1 ENE Norton Shores 1.55 in 0725 am 06/29 43.17n/86.22w
1 WSW Norton Shores 1.54 in 0717 am 06/29 43.16n/86.27w
Norton Shores 1.50 in 0725 am 06/29 43.17n/86.26w
4 NW Montague 1.44 in 0700 am 06/29 43.45n/86.42w
Whitehall lighthouse 1.17 in 0714 am 06/29 43.37n/86.42w
... Newaygo County...
4 se Woodville 1.38 in 0700 am 06/29 43.61n/85.64w
1 S Newaygo 1.10 in 0723 am 06/29 43.40n/85.80w
Croton 1.06 in 0630 am 06/29 43.43n/85.67w
... Oceana County...
Pentwater 1.38 in 0719 am 06/29 43.78n/86.43w
3 ENE Pentwater 1.01 in 0602 am 06/29 43.81n/86.38w
... Ottawa County...
3 NNW Port Sheldon 1.73 in 0624 am 06/29 42.95n/86.21w
Grand Haven WWTP 1.65 in 0700 am 06/29 43.07n/86.20w
Holland 1.54 in 0700 am 06/29 42.80n/86.12w
1 NNE Beechwood 1.43 in 0724 am 06/29 42.82n/86.12w
2 E Macatawa 1.29 in 0630 am 06/29 42.77n/86.16w
Hudsonville 1.16 in 0725 am 06/29 42.87n/85.87w
2 SSW Jamestown 1.09 in 0715 am 06/29 42.80n/85.86w
1 NNE Holland 1.03 in 0711 am 06/29 42.79n/86.10w
... Van Buren County...
1 ENE Grand Junction 2.67 in 0718 am 06/29 42.41n/86.05w
2 WSW Gobles 1.12 in 0720 am 06/29 42.35n/85.92w
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. We thank all volunteer weather observers
for their dedication. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- Nevada - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Heat Advisory
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virgin Islands - Areal Flood Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Advisory , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory