Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 5:03 AM CDT on August 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 470 remains in effect until 700 am CDT
for the following locations
. Minnesota counties included are
Blue Earth Brown Carver
Chippewa Douglas Faribault
Freeborn Kandiyohi Lac Qui Parle
Le Sueur McLeod Martin
Meeker Nicollet Pope
Redwood Renville Sherburne
Sibley Stearns Stevens
swift Waseca Watonwan
Wright Yellow Medicine
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:33 AM CDT on August 21, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until 10 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Minnesota and west central
Wisconsin... including the following areas... in Minnesota...
Anoka... Blue Earth... Carver... Chippewa... Dakota... Douglas...
Goodhue... Hennepin... Kandiyohi... Le Sueur... McLeod... Meeker...
Nicollet... Pope... Ramsey... Renville... Rice... Scott...
Sherburne... Sibley... Stearns... Steele... Stevens... swift...
Waseca... Washington and Wright. In west central Wisconsin...
Pierce and St. Croix.
* Until 10 am CDT this morning.
* Numerous thunderstorms producing torrential rain will track over
some of the same areas repeatedly early this morning. Widespread
rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are forecast... with as much as
3 to 6 inches falling in localized areas.
* Driving at night during flash flood situation is extremely
dangerous as drivers may underestimate the depth of the water
or may come across areas prone to washouts.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement