Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 1:27 AM CDT on August 31, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Paducah KY...
A record rainfall of 4.55 inch(es) was set at Paducah KY yesterday,
August 30th. This breaks the old record of 3.11 set on this date in
2005. This rainfall amount is the highest single-day rainfall amount
for the month of August on record. The old record was 3.16 inches
set on August 11th, 1952.
The daily rainfall amount of 4.55 inches ranks as the 14th all-time
highest single-day rainfall on record. The highest one day rainfall
is 7.49 inches which fell on September 5th, 1985.
As of August 30th, total rainfall for August 2014 is 7.85 inches,
which is the all-time wettest August on record. The old record was
7.60 inches set in August 1950.
Please note that the above information does not take into
consideration any rain that may fall Sunday, August 31st, 2014.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Areal Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement