Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 8:30 PM MDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of
west-central and northern Montana
* effective this Wednesday night and Thursday morning from 830 PM
until 300 am MDT.
* Primary threats include...
isolated significant damaging wind gusts to 75 mph possible
isolated very large hail events to 2 inches in diameter possible
The Severe Thunderstorm Watch area is approximately along and 75
statute miles north and south of a line from 55 miles south
southwest of Cut Bank Montana to 35 miles east southeast of
Glasgow Montana. For a complete depiction of the watch see the
associated watch outline update (wous64 kwns wou7).
Remember... a Severe Thunderstorm Watch means conditions are
favorable for severe thunderstorms in and close to the watch
area. Persons in these areas should be on the lookout for
threatening weather conditions and listen for later statements
and possible warnings. Severe thunderstorms can and occasionally
do produce tornadoes.
Other watch information... continue... ww 435... ww 436...
Discussion... svr potential fcst to increase through remainder
evening as tstms move newd and aggregate over W-central
Mt... ultimately following anticyclonically curving path across nrn
Mt tonight. Additional/more isolated svr also may occur ahead of
that activity with convection initially between ggw-hvr. Ref spc
mesoscale discussion 1452 for initial near-term details.
Aviation... a few severe thunderstorms with hail surface and aloft
to 2 inches. Extreme turbulence and surface wind gusts to 65
knots. A few cumulonimbi with maximum tops to 550. Mean storm
motion vector 25035.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:27 PM MDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Thursday evening for gusty winds and low relative
humidity for fire weather zone 115 and the southern third of
Blaine County in zone 113...
* affected area... fire weather zone 115 and the southern third of
Blaine County in fire weather zone 113.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... noon to midnight Thursday afternoon and evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 20 percent.
* Temperatures... in the upper 70s to mid 80s.
* Impacts... this critical combination of gusty wind and low
humidity could lead to rapid and dangerous fire growth on any
fire activity. Lightning starts are possible this afternoon and
evening due to thunderstorm activity.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory, Excessive Heat Warning , Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report