Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:27 PM MDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 21, 2017
... Red flag warning in effect from noon Friday to midnight MDT
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon Friday to midnight MDT
* Impacts: low humidities, unseasonably warm temperatures, and a
rapid wind shift along a cold front will create erratic
conditions for any new fires.
* Affected area:
in north central WY fire zone... .274.
In south central Mt fire zone... .129.
In southeast Mt fire zones... 130... 131... 132.
In southeast Mt and northwest SD fire zone... .133.
* Counties affected:
in north central WY... Sheridan.
In northwest SD... Harding.
In south central Mt... Big Horn... Carbon... Yellowstone.
In southeast Mt... Carter... Custer... Fallon... Powder River
* Timing: cold front will move through the area Friday afternoon
* Wind: southwest 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest at 25 to 35 mph
with gusts up to 55 mph immediately behind the cold front.
* Humidity: as low as 12 percent
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Wind Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan -
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri -
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina -
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement