Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Northern Stillwater
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:19 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM Monday to
noon MDT Tuesday...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect from 3 PM
Monday to noon MDT Tuesday.
* Timing... rain will develop during the day Monday and will
transition to snow by Monday evening. Snow will continue heavy
at times overnight before tapering off Tuesday morning.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow is expected. Snow
amounts will be elevation dependent... with lower elevations
along river valleys seeing lesser amounts... and higher
terrain along the foothills of the Pryor and Big Horn
Mountains seeing higher amounts.
* Impacts... heavy snowfall may make travel hazardous and may
pose a threat to Young livestock.
* Flooding impacts... liquid equivalent precipitation amounts will
be between a half inch and an inch. With above freezing
temperatures expected again on Tuesday... snow melt will begin
quickly and may cause additional flooding in locations which
have seen flooding this past week.
A Winter Weather Advisory can be issued for a variety of winter
weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow... sleet...
freezing rain... and extreme wind chills.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:53 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 9:45 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
rain and melting snow in...
Stillwater County in south central Montana...
Sweet Grass County in south central Montana...
Yellowstone County in south central Montana...
* until 745 am MDT Wednesday
* streams and creeks across the area are running high this evening.
In some areas water is running over roadways and flooding fields.
Some roads have become impassable. Check with your County for
specific Road closures.
* Temperatures will remain above freezing tonight which will allow
snow melt to continue over the higher hills and flow down into the
lower elevations. This will keep water levels high and current
flooding ongoing into tomorrow.
* A strong storm system is expected to produce around an inch of
precipitation Monday into Tuesday. Up to half an inch of rain is
expected before precipitation turns to heavy wet snow. This
additional precipitation will create additional flooding across
the area into Wednesday.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is
imminent. Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find
alternate routes. It takes only a few inches of swiftly flowing
water to carry vehicles away.
Report flooding to local law enforcement and have them relay the
report to the National Weather Service.
Lat... Lon 4618 10749 4605 10753 4589 10804 4553 10806
4549 10820 4547 10869 4564 10879 4558 10912
4547 10920 4530 10961 4540 11022 4622 11028
4622 10966 4604 10960 4605 10942 4613 10940
4613 10841 4623 10840 4626 10803 4650 10776
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report