Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Potomac/Seeley Lake Region
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:20 PM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday evening through
late Sunday night...
The National Weather Service in Missoula has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday evening through
late Sunday night.
* Impacts/timing: potential for heavy wet snow to impact area
passes Saturday night through Sunday. Heavy snow followed by
rain could make mountain roads very difficult or dangerous to
travel on at times. Lookout, Lolo, and lost trail passes will
most likely be impacted, with impacts also possible at
Homestake, McDonald, and marias passes. Many higher elevation
locations such as Elk City, Dixie, and Gilmore Summit in central
Idaho, and Georgetown Lake and Seeley Lake in Montana could
receive several inches of snow also.
* Snow accumulations: lookout, Lolo, and lost trail passes will be
most impacted with potential snow accumulations 6 - 12 inches in
24 hours. Homestake, McDonald, and marias passes could
potentially have 2 - 8 inches in 24 hours.
* Locations impacted include... Dixie... Elk City... Bannock Pass...
Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine... Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass
to Gibbonsville... Lemhi Pass... bad Rock Canyon... Essex...
Highway 83 Bigfork to Swan Lake... Marias Pass... Polebridge...
Evaro hill... I-90 Lookout Pass to Haugan... Highway 93 Sula to
Lost Trail Pass... Lolo Pass... Butte... Georgetown Lake...
Highway 12 Garrison to Elliston... Homestake pass... MacDonald
Pass... Highway 83 Seeley Lake to Condon... I-90 East Missoula
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory